The purpose of the workshop was to achieve a significant increase in activity on implementing the Basel and related Conventions in participating African countries, through increasing the understanding and capabilities of Parties and other organisations including BCRCs, in the identification of needs and the corresponding design, marketing and implementation of appropriate actions.
The materials are organised according to the agenda, so the structure of the folders is as follows:
- Agenda, supporting notes & names of participants
- Workshop Presentations
- Introductions and scene setting;
- Agreement on what are the critical issues that should first be addressed in individual countries and the region if additional resources were available;
- Which organisations will carry forward this process of design, marketing and implementation of critical projects and through what mechanisms?
- Marketing, mobilising resources;
- Design of project proposals;
- Additional materials